Eyelash Extensions by BeachBum Tanning
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are synthetic eyelashes that enhance your natural eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and fuller. All this without applying mascara…Yes! So lie down and be prepared to get pampered!
Eyelash extensions are single strands applied to your individual lashes; one by one. These synthetic eyelashes are lightweight and will feel and look like your natural lashes. The extensions will not weigh down your lids in any way. You will feel like you are wearing no makeup at all!
Why are eyelash extensions added one by one?
Adding eyelash extensions one by one rather than using the traditional paste on approach makes for a much more natural look.
Typically for a full set, the lash technician will place approximately 60-100 extensions – dependent upon how many lashes you have naturally. Fill-ins will require less to be added, as they are mainly replacing the ones that have fallen out since the last visit.
How are eyelash extensions applied?
The lash technician will separate your lashes and use an adhesive safe for your natural lashes. The adhesive will be applied to the length of the lash. Once the adhesive dries, the extensions will be strong, flexible and shiny. Ensuring the consistent flow of perfectly even and un-clumped lashes! Every woman knows the struggle of keeping your eyelashes from clumping with mascara. Struggle no more with extensions! And no, this is not painful, in fact, it is very relaxing, many clients even fall asleep!
How long does an eyelash extensions appointment take?
During your first full set appointment, the lash technician will talk you through the process and answer any questions you have. Be prepared to spend about 1 to 2 hours getting your full set extensions done. Touch ups should take about an hour. Too keep your extensions in place and looking perfect you should come for a fill-in every 2-3 weeks. Then every 60-90 days we recommend getting a new set. Touch up are required because the extensions will fall out over time. When applied properly, eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes. Everyone’s experience will differ based on day to day activities. Please read on for tips!
We spoke about the adhesive above, however, we will now discuss the drying period of the extensions. Keep your lashes dry for the first 24-48 hours; this leaves enough time for the adhesive to dry completely. That includes; sweat, water, showering, etc. Try your best to not touch your eyes at all on the first day. You spent the time and money you want your eyelash extensions to last!
Classic eyelash extensions vs dramatic eyelash extensions
We offer extensions for those going for classic or dramatic looks! The classic look is good for those who are getting them for everyday wear; this is the more natural look. Our dramatic extension is perfect for women who have an occasion coming up or just like their eyes with a more radiant stand out pop.
Get ready 1-2-3
Your morning routine has never been simpler! With eyelash extensions, you are able to wake up, wash your face and brush through your lashes with a mascara comb. It’s as simple as that ladies! You are able to cut your morning routine significantly. Think of all the time you use up in the morning on your eye makeup alone! Imagine what you can do with your new found time! You will always feel ready to take on the day!
Getting ready for the first eyelash extensions appointment
- Remove all makeup, including foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, eye creams and eye serums.
- Cleanse eye area and eyelashes gently but thoroughly to remove any residual oils or mascara.
- If you wear contacts, opt for glasses on appointment day.
- Avoid using an eyelash curler on the day of your lash appointment
- Do not apply heavy creams, lotions or oils to your face within 48 hours prior to your eyelash application.
- Do not receive chemical treatments to your eyelashes, such as tinting or perming, within 48 hours prior to your appointment
Taking care of your eyelash extensions
- Avoid touching/rubbing your eyes.
- Do not get eyelash extensions wet for the first 24-48 hours, this includes washing your eyes, the shower, and sweating or steam rooms.
- Avoid excess heat, this can distort your extensions
- Do not use an eyelash curler on your extensions
- Brush through lashes daily with mascara comb provided by the lash technician
- Do not use oil-based mascara or makeup remover
- Makeup remover wipes are the easiest to use and you can easily avoid touching the extension
- Use extension safe mascaras
Looking for everyday attainable beauty? Simple easy care? Eyelash extensions could be a good way for you. An hour of relaxation every couple a week is all it takes to feel glamorous. It’s amazing how much of a difference a little lash can make your appearance! You will wonder why it took you so long trust us!
An hour of relaxation every couple a week is all it takes to feel glamorous. It’s amazing how much of a difference a little lash love can make your appearance!
You’ll have amazing lashes every day with Beach Bum eyelashes.
Thanks for reading,